THE CLUES TO "A NOTORIOUS ROAD"
- The town where Samuel Colt first became interested in gunpowder
- Approximately 1 mile of forgotten 'turnpike' where the toll gate was
- Serpentine-like roadway resulted in numerous accidents in the 1920s and 1930s, including one where a "Truck Rips Bus Open In Collision" in 1934
- Past the ridged road and the large drop off
- Continue on this notorious road to the fork...
This is part of the old New London Turnpike known as the Ten Curves. It's located in Glastonbury, Connecticut and can be accessed by taking exit 11 off of Route 2 West and turning right.